Wednesday, January 30, 2008

diapers and spilled milk

I babysat yesterday, five girls. Lovely kids, and i'm not being sarcastic (*gasp*). Ages 1, 3, 6, 8, and 9. Same family.

The oldest three were big helps, and it wasn't hard to get them to do chores etc. The youngest two were a bit different, but still. The three-year-old was too scared to finish The Lion King and required me to stay with her (not that i minded missing the end of the movie) and tell a story, but i like telling stories. And whenever i tried to get something done, she would follow me and repeat, to the point of annoyance, "Maggie!" "What?" "I love you." And then i don't feel like i can tell her to stop saying that.

The baby was probably the toughest to care for, if only because i'm not around babies much. I'm glad that sometime after she woke up, she got enough used to me to allow me to carry her around, ("Maggie, i hold you,") and she was happy most of the time. She went down fairly quietly for nap. She had a crib, though. She couldn't get up and come downstairs like the three-year-old could, and did, till i told some more story and tucked her in with her doggy. They both slept for a long time, and i actually just about finished my art homework. (I finished the rest of it this morning.)

I love coffee.

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to tell you again how wonderful it was to have you sit -- not just so I could go to class, but because you really did such a great job. Very conscientious; attentive, loving. The roast turned out great, too. The kids kept saying, "This is soooo good!"

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, it looks like you wrote about what I did on Monday! Maggie! I hold you!

    ReplyDelete