Monday, July 30, 2007

Piera

ingThe Sad Tale of Piera

Piera was a good girl
A good friend
Piera was pretty
Piera told no lies
Cheated nobody
Piera was sweet as honey
Skinny as a twig
Dimwitted as the acorn shell
That was her hat
Piera had a brown pine needle skirt
With a yellow leaf apron
And twine hair
Under her acorn hat
Piera slept under my bed
Until one night when it stormed
And the roof leaked
And Piera
Poor Piera
Poor good sweet skinny dimwitted Piera
Drowned
As I slept on
She drowned underneath
When I awoke
She was gone
But for her acorn hat

But before you get sad, I'll tell you something: Piera was a twig with pine needles on one end that i found when camping once. I gave her an apron and a hat and some hair and named her Piera.

Hmm… no rhyme, no punctuation. I was feeling lazy, but perhaps it's a type of poetry.

4 comments:

  1. very nice. all the themes of irish poetry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA
    MY SISTER'S NAME IS PIERA

    but other than that I really like your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, i remembered Piera… um… Marvacious… and i considered asking her if she minded, but i couldn't find her e-mail address.

    ReplyDelete