Saturday, December 06, 2008

Fourth Contest!

Results last week's contest:

GRAND WINNER
  • Birthdays are lots of fun. Now that you’ve eaten chocolate cake, you’ll weigh a ton. But that’s okay, cuz I /love you anyway/ and to prove it I will say:/HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (Squishy)
HONORABLE MENTIONS
  • My love,
    ‘Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.’
    Something to aspire to. (Me)
  • Happy New Year. I bet not all your resolutions are about your lack of talent this year. Congratulations! (Me)
  • Happy Birthday to you!/You look good in blue,/Though you’ve worn black and red/Since your husband turned dead. (Me) (I’m no good at anything rhymed, yet I keep trying. Why?? It’s not like I’m *that* fantastically interested in it, that I want to get better. Sure, it would be nice, but I honestly don’t care enough. I can let other people be poets. Like Paul.)
  • ‘Two souls with but a single thought, two hearts that beat as one.’ Is this how you feel about me? (Me)
  • I love you, I love you, I love you... but I love someone else more. (Me)
Happy Birthday, Nat.

This week's contest: A conversation between to foreigners of different languages, neither of whom are good at English. Limit of 50 words.

Example:
"I don't take orange juice. I don't like the pulp."
"Who does not like the Pope?"
"Who?"
"What?"
"How?" (etc.)

(Played Madrigal Dinners twice today (Saturday), once yesterday, a rehearsal the day before, and one more performance tomorrow. Will expound if told to.)

No comments:

Post a Comment