Saturday, January 10, 2009

Wordsworth

(This is basically the same thing as on Nat's blog.) So... this is Wordsworth, Wordy, or occasionally Wordsy. He is adjusting well to his new name, his old being the rather boring Henry. I mean, Henry's a nice enough name for a person or a possum or something, but... anyway... If we'd gotten a dog that was all black or all white, 'Brown' would've been a consideration, partly for Nathaniel Hawthorne's Young Goodman Brown, and partly for dumb humor. We had 'Poe' on the list until I realized it sounded like 'No'. And he was almost 'Lovecraft,' but... obviously, 'Wordsworth' won. ('Byron' was there too.)

*cough* I have to eat something right now. I'll finish this later.

3 comments:

  1. Aw.. he's cute.
    I'm guessing german shepherd.. or a similar herding dog.

    I love big dogs. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a really cool dog, with a really cool name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, by the way..
    I have decided that after I get a black cat named Jacob(thanks for that one Bob), I shall get another one named Yeats. Thanks for the inspiration.

    This, of course, probably won't happen until I'm out of college and have a Starving Artists' Garret of my very own, seeing as my parents won't let me get another cat now.

    ReplyDelete