Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Margaret wins at the game of Library.

I went to the library yesterday, and
  1. I brought my bike lock!
  2. I brought my books to return!
  3. it was open!
  4. no assassins!
I had a lovely time browsing books, and I even was brave and talked to three librarians. I asked one about looking up what prize I'd won in the bookmark contest (I didn't go to the ceremony), but he had to do something else so I talked to a perky lady. After that I asked the perky lady about volunteering, and she got perkier and gave me an application and a list of things I might be asked to do. A few minutes after she left, the third librarian approached me with a hopeful look on her face and said, "Are you volunteering? I have a special craft that you could help with, and even if it was just a few hours for a few weeks, it would be a big help."

And then I sat on a couch for a while and half read, half watched a boy (about one and a half, I'd guess) playing with his parents. (Or his kidnappers, I suppose, but I hope not. He was cute.) His mother was expecting and looked quite far along.

Anyway. Success! I am happy with this library.

1 comment:

  1. I am SO glad no assassins got you today! Success indeed! Go for another win someday soon -- we're rootin' for ya.

    ReplyDelete