Thursday, October 07, 2010

Don't panic.

Preface: Nobody's hurt or anything.

We had a burglary. The grand list of stuff gone, being very specific:
Main computer
monitor
2 laptops
2 laptop cases
mouse
modem
DVD (it was in my laptop)
TV
portable DVD player
Wii
Wii remote (only one; they didn't see the other
sound system thing (I'm not sure what it's called)
two cheapish point-and-shoot digital cameras
nicer digital camera
bike
papers for bike (we think)

It amounts to about $6000 worth of stuff. Also they broke open a window screen and made some rooms smell like cigarettes.

1 comment:

  1. HOLY MOLY!!! That's awful, horrendous, terrible, horrific, sensational, traumatizing, and infuriating. I think I've covered the appropriate emotions...
    That's A LOT of money, but it's also the intangibles: the pictures on the computer that you don't have elsewhere, school documents, stories (GASP! Please tell me you have them elsewhere! Priceless literature stolen! I bet even the robbers will recognize that,)inconvenience, (what do you do your school on now?) and the general feeling of insecurity.
    Cigarettes are always revolting, too, just like burglars.

    ReplyDelete